[ipv6hackers] Progress on IPv6 Anti-SPAM Solutions?

James Small jim.small at mail.com
Thu Feb 13 15:29:20 CET 2014

Hi Adam,

That's a great question.  Let me frame this differently:  I'm working with
organizations to make all of their Internet services IPv6 accessible.  When
the topic of E-mail comes up I don't feel like I have great answers.  What I
would like is to have parity or a close approximation with the capabilities
we have for SMTP over IPv4.  However, IMHO we aren't there yet.  It seems
like many (at least in the US) just don't enable SMTP over IPv6.  In fact, I
heard from a recent IPv6 conference that many organizations and vendors have
no plans to support SMTP over IPv6 because of "the lack of an industry
approved filtering list and methodology..."

  --Jim

When