[ipv6hackers] ipv6hackers mailing-list administrativia

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Wed Jan 15 20:30:33 CET 2014

Folks,

Since about 2.5 years (!) have passed since this list was created, I
just felt like sending a short note to all of you regarding the list.

* Basic list info (charter, archives, etc.)

This has always been available at:

* Subscribers

If you wonder how many subscribers this list has, we currently have
1342 subscribers.

* Sending policy / list operation

To avoid spaming issues, the policy is as follows "New subscribers
are moderated by default. Upon first post, if the message is
acceptable, subscribers are white-listed". This obeys the "principle of
least principle". It requires additional work on my side, and a "small
delay before the first post makes to the list" at the benefit of less
trouble to our 1300+ subscribers.

Additionally, file attachments are not allowed. If you feel like
sending one, post the document on the Internet, and provide an URL
instead.

* Meetings

This is an on-line community, so to speak. But we have had an "in
person" meeting last year (clearly driven by the large Germany-based
IPv6 hackers community :-) ). Archives at:
<http://www.ipv6hackers.org>. It would be nice to meet again... but
meetings are non-profit/"best effort". :-)

Overall, while we have had some "NAT/IPv6 religion" threads so far
:-(, we have also had quite a few interesting discussions (hence, the
goal has been met in this respect).

P.S.: I realize that this kind of email tend to generate lots of
rather than to the list.

Thanks!

Fernando
(as ipv6hackers@ list admin)