[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security (slides and training)

Fred Bovy fred at fredbovy.com
Fri Nov 11 03:01:28 CET 2011

Jim,

I said it reminds me. I did not say it was analog to Y2K!

For me it is the same fud to generate anxiety and fear to make people think that something really bad is about to happen.

Ok y2k costs money to upgrade applications but ipv6 will also cost money for the same reason!

You say there is no deadline but we don't have any more ipv4 @ so there is à deadline for entreprises which do not own à large ipv4 block and will have no choice than starting ipv6!

Ok I am not going to continue to answer point by point as again I did not say it was the same but just remind me all the noise we did for a very simple operation. I think that upgrading an ip application for ipv6 will even be simpler than fixing y2k applications.

But still there is a strong lobbying to convince the customers that upgrading a network protocol is going to be a very complex thing and it is the first time in the networking history that there is so many tools and discussion for a simple migration!

Fred Bovy

Mobile:33676198206
Skype:fredericbovy