[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security (slides and training)

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sat Nov 12 00:19:56 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 15:15, Fred Bovy wrote:

>>> The motivation to deploy IPv6 is, quite simply, the ability to remain
>>> connected to the outside world. We are running out of IPv4 addresses.
>>> Simple math dictates that they are finite and that there are nowhere
>>> near enough of them to meet growth demands of the internet on
>>> a global scale.
>>

> Just like if you want to receive a TV program Colour HD, you need to trash
> your old Black and White TV Set you loved so much because it was a gift
> from your grand'pa and was still working good after 25 years !

... or, just get the free digital -> analog converter provided by the
gummint.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the fact that you think this situation is
in any way analogous to IPv6 vs IPv4 is a symptom of the exact lack of
understanding of the fundamental issues that I was talking about.

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."