[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security (slides and training)

Fred Bovy fred at fredbovy.com
Sat Nov 12 03:43:33 CET 2011

>On 11/11/2011 17:20, Owen DeLong wrote:

>>> ... or, just get the free digital -> analog converter provided by the
>>> gummint.
>>>

>> Fair enough, but, that solution (like the v4 hacks proposed) will not
>>allow you
>> to watch that program in colour or in HD. It will provide a
>>significantly degraded
>> user experience.
>
>No, it will provide the same user experience that they know, are
>comfortable with, and satisfied with.
>
>>> I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the fact that you think this situation is
>>> in any way analogous to IPv6 vs IPv4 is a symptom of the exact lack of
>>> understanding of the fundamental issues that I was talking about.
>>
>> Less so than you appear to think.
>
>The analogy is deeply flawed because for existing users there is nothing
>about IPv6 that makes IPv4 go away. And the tail for new users is going
>to be a lot longer than 2 years.

When there will be a critical mass of IPv6 connected peopleŠ

The IPv4 die hard will start to fell lonely if they cannot communicate or
in a degraded mode because they will have to use overloaded translators
which will be DoS attacked everyday by people having fun to create tons of
translation for the AFT boxŠ

Fred