[ipv6hackers] my IPv6 insecurity slides

casper-ipv6hackers at gielen.name casper-ipv6hackers at gielen.name
Sun Nov 27 20:34:29 CET 2011

On 26-11-11 11:36, Fernando Gont wrote:
>> I can make the list longer with 6281 more IPv6 Web sites:
>> http://ipv6.sixy.ch/
> Please be serious. The aforementioned site lists IPv6-enabled sites, not
> IPv6-only sites.
Agree. I'd be interested to know if there are any sites out there that
are strictly ipv6-only, excluding the few test-sites that are ipv6-only
purely to make that point (like KAME's dancing turtle).

On my personal LAN I have a number of (virtual) machines that are (only)
reachable through IPv6 (from the internet). In theory I could use IPv4 and
NAT to make most of them available, but IPv6 is much more convenient.
As I have IPv6 at work and most of my friends have also been converted,
there is no incentive for me to implement NAT.

Soon many network-adminstrators will be in the same position as most
high-end consumers are today; while it's possible to buy more ip-addresses,
it is prohibitively expensive. Using IPv6 for internal sites is the easiest solution.

--
Casper Gielen