[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Thu Aug 23 20:28:25 CEST 2012

On 08/23/2012 12:42 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> no, thats not the point. the point is that the implementations are
>> not where they should be for a global productional roleout.
>
> Neither is IPv4... That _IS_ the point. We rolled IPv4 out without
> worrying about it.

The world economy didn't depend on IPv4 when it was rolled out -- there
lies the "subtle" difference.

> The reality, however, is that snooping doesn't solve the problem, it
> just tells you that it is happening.

?? -- It blocks it.

> With RA Guard, we have an actual partial solution which, with some
> improved handling of Extension Headers and Fragments could become a
> complete solution.

Yet it was painful to move draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-implementation forward.

v6 proponents (whatever that means :-) )don't like when v6 problems are
discussed... but they're also apathic when solutions to those problems
are proposed.

Cheers,
--
Fernando Gont