[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Jim Small jim.small at cdw.com
Thu Aug 23 23:02:34 CEST 2012

Fernando,

> > With RA Guard, we have an actual partial solution which, with some
> > improved handling of Extension Headers and Fragments could become a
> > complete solution.
>
> Yet it was painful to move draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-implementation
> forward.

Thank you for doing this.  I for one am grateful.

> v6 proponents (whatever that means :-) )don't like when v6 problems are
> discussed... but they're also apathic when solutions to those problems
> are proposed.

I respectfully disagree.  I very much value what you and Marc have to say.  However I may slightly differ in my opinion because I believe operationally we do not have a viable alternative to IPv6.  I also believe that the current level of security needs to be improved but is reasonable for most companies to start at the pilot/testing level.

--Jim