[ipv6hackers] Dynamic prefixes & privacy (was: IPv6 prefix changing)

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Mon Mar 19 20:51:39 CET 2012

Thus wrote Owen DeLong (owend at he.net):

> Well, every time you change prefixes, you disrupt the user's flows. If that
> happens more than once a week, you tend to get customer complaints
> about it.

Almost all German residential DSL plans reset their customers' connections
every 24h.
It used to be "to preserve IP addresses" (nobody believes that any more)
Now it's "but think of the chiiiildrun^W^Wprivacy"

Meanwhile, some people are so used to having manure heaped onto them that
they wonder how they will keep warm and moisturized if the daily helping
stops.

I don't have <de>Zwangstrennung</de>. I pay extra for this privilege.

regards,
	spz
--
spz at serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)