[ipv6hackers] List of IPv6-only services?

Antonio M. Moreiras moreiras at nic.br
Sat Oct 27 01:42:16 CEST 2012

It's very very cool, Kevin, and I am choosing my tshirt to buy, but it
is yet a website to promote IPv6!

What I mean is that it is not advisible to create an IPv6 only website,
when there is IPv4 addresses available, at least if your business isn't
related to IPv6 promotion.

There will be enough IPv4 addresses available for Internet services for
some time. Who is going to suffer from the lack of addresses first are
the end users (and ISPs that connect them). The websites and other
Internet exposed services have to implement dual stack, right now, not
IPv6 only. This way they can be sure that either v4 or v6 users will
reach them the best way possible.

There is a telling saying that you can motivate a rabbit to run, because
of a carrot, in two ways. You can put the carrot in front of the rabbit,
and the rabbit will chase it. Or you can put the carrot behind the
rabbit. It will become worried of where the carrot can finish in, and it
will run from it.

For now, IPv6 motivation generally fits on the second case.

[]s
Moreiras.