[ipv6hackers] "Stick to limited IPv6 deployments, businesses warned"

Jim Small jim.small at cdw.com
Sun Sep 2 21:15:15 CEST 2012

Hi Tomas,

> Fore those who might be interested in our experience  with deploying
> IPv6 within university campus we sum upt it in
> http://ipv6.vutbr.cz/article/deploying-ipv6-practical-problems-from-the-
> campus-perspective/

A fabulous write up.  In your conclusion though you seem to imply that Windows XP is widespread and "next-generation" versions of Windows will accelerate IPv6 deployment.  Windows Vista was released on November 8, 2006 and Windows 7 on July 22, 2009.  Windows Vista and Windows 7 combined have had a greater market share than XP for quite a while and very recently Windows 7 has overtaken XP as the dominant O/S for web page views:
http://www.zdnet.com/windows-7-overtakes-xp-mac-os-x-steams-ahead-of-vista-7000003591/

Of course it may be different on Brno's campus, but globally XP's usage is steadily declining.

--Jim