[ipv6hackers] Windows 7/2008 R2 Improved Resilliency to IPv6 Floods

Enno Rey erey at ernw.de
Sun Apr 14 22:22:11 CEST 2013

Sander,

this, of course, could open the whole box of "appropriate ways to discuss (perceived|real|relevant) vulnerability information". not sure if we should do this here ;-)
That said, the media have their own agenda, regardless of our efforts here or elsewhere. Let's hope IPv6 can fly under their radar for some time (it has already been on it, at some point) so we can work on making the IPv6 world a more secure place...

best

Enno

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 10:13:59PM +0200, Sander Steffann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Not only off-topic -- that's even boring. Since this list is about
> > hacking, I expect subscribers to be clueful. Which means they should be
> > able to analize Marc's and others' experiments, tests, and reports, and
> > make up their own mind whether they want to deploy v6 or not.
>
> Which is an excellent reminder not to publish the information found on this list verbatim to other media. Clueless people will read it and they will get an incorrect (regarding context, comparison to IPv4 etc) picture in their minds about IPv6, which will harm IPv6 deployment, which will cause worse problems with IPv4 address shortage, NATs etc.
>
> This list is for clueful people, let's not the expose clueless to the raw information found here :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Sander

Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Carl-Bosch-Str. 4 - 69115 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 174 3082474
PGP FP 055F B3F3 FE9D 71DD C0D5  444E C611 033E 3296 1CC1

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey