[ipv6hackers] the end is near (or for IPv6: the beginning)

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Dec 30 19:36:20 CET 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 09:19:04AM -0800, Joe St Sauver wrote:
> #Expect everyone in the USA to be totally surprised when this happens
>
> Not everyone in the US. I reminded Michigan higher ed network leaders
> that IPv4 runout's coming 1Q14 or 1H14 just a couple of weeks ago,

But that was weeks ago.  And people have said that for years now, so it
can't be happening for real, all of a sudden.

Over here in RIPE land, people still seem to be caught by surprise by
the IPv4 run-out that happened over a year ago...

*sigh*

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279