[ipv6hackers] The state of IPv6 (pen)testing and the future

Dan York york at isoc.org
Fri Jan 25 02:42:23 CET 2013

Fernando,

Like a moth drawn to a flame, I'm always interested in a session like this. :-)

On Jan 24, 2013, at 4:31 PM, Fernando Gont <fgont at si6networks.com> wrote:

> Hi, Ron,
>
> On 01/24/2013 01:03 PM, Ronald Bonica wrote:
>> I'm interested.
>>

>>> FWIW, I've been playing with the idea of holding an ipv6hackers meeting
>>> next to the IETF meetings (a la IEPG). It doesn't necessarily need to
>>> be in the context of IETF meetings, but it might be a good idea to hae
>>> such a thing.
>
> Do you think it would be feasible to get a meeting room to do it next to
> an IETF meeting? (e.g., same day as IEPG, or some other day during the
> IETF week).

How many people do you think might attend?   (I have no connection to getting meeting rooms, but just wondered about size of the room you think you might want... a regular working group size room? Or smaller?)

> Not sure about the *next* IETF meeting (both in terms of whether it's
> too late to request a meeting room (if at all possible), and if we're in
> time to send a "call for talks" or the like)... but for the other IETF
> in Berlin, we would have Marc Heuse in the city (he lives there :-) ),
> and a few other folks might plan in advance.

Berlin sounds good to plan for... but there may be enough people coming to Orlando to talk on IPv6 that we might be able to get people.

> Related question: Any idea if folks that want to attend, say, IEPG need
> to have payed the registration for the IETF?

No idea... for a variety of reasons I've not been able to travel early enough to an IETF to attend an IEPG meeting.  I typically arrive on the Sunday evening before an IETF.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society
Jabber: york at jabber.isoc.org
Skype: danyork   http://twitter.com/danyork

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/