[ipv6hackers] nmap NSE scripts

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 00:01:25 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

as a part of a semester project, I decided to enhance nmap with several NSE scripts for various IPv6 vulnerabilities. These NSE scripts should be based on their counterparts from various IPv6 toolkits available out there, most notably thc-ipv6 and IPv6 toolkit. Implementing some of those tools as nmap NSE scripts will make them available to a larger audience and enable to run on wide range of platforms. I would like to ask which tools do you think should be implemented?

As a starting point, I was thinking to implement various NDP, MLD, MLDv2 and DHCPv6 flooding tools. This will be rather easy to do as I already contributed RA flood NSE script some time ago. Any thoughts about this?

Other nice additions I have thought of:
- something to check IPv6 firewalls with (I guess fragmentation)
- some basic tools to dump various information about IPv6 network we operate in
- DHCPv6-related checks

Any comments or tips for tools are welcome.

Cheers,
Adam