[ipv6hackers] IPv6 Addressing Plan Hints?

Henrik Lund Kramshøj hlk at kramse.org
Tue Jan 7 16:25:04 CET 2014

On 07/01/2014, at 16.00, Johannes Weber <johannes at webernetz.net> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
Hi

> our team is currently planning an IPv6 address
> scheme and would like to know if there are any guidelines and best
> practices out there?

I typically direct people to the surfnet/RIPE document:
http://www.ripe.net/training/material/IPv6-for-LIRs-Training-Course/IPv6_addr_plan4.pdf

also their IPv6 for LIRs Training Course may help you
http://www.ripe.net/lir-services/training/material/ripe-ncc-training-material#IPV6

and I found a slide show from them also:
IPv6 Addressing Plan Fundamentals

Geant also has one:
"Recommendations for IPv6 addressing plan
for the HE sector"
- found when googling, so there may be other nice resources.

I would expect each of the RIRs to have some resources in this area.

Best regards

Henrik

--
Henrik Lund Kramshøj, Follower of the Great Way of Unix
internet samurai cand.scient CISSP