[ipv6hackers] the end is near (or for IPv6: the beginning)

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri Jan 24 20:18:58 CET 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 07:58:14PM +0100, Wouter van Bommel wrote:
> I feel a bit irritated due to the fact that I am questioned about my
> personal efforts to promote ipv6. This as I do not see how this can benefit
> anyone on this list in getting a clear picture why we need it.

I fully agree with you that we need it.  I was just (maybe a language
misunderstanding) reading the "Would be glad if IPV6 is finally a reality"
as quite passive, hoping that other people would make it happen, while
we all have our influence here.  So apologies if I misunderstood you.

OTOH, IPv6 *is* a reality here already.

> (the same one having a 6bone handle, written a tutorial about ipv6 tunnels
> on a linksys e2000 router and author of the 6table plugin for webmin)

Good track record, but that sounds all like personal efforts, while you
were complaining about "servers have no addresses", which sounds more like
corporate environment - and that is specifically what my message was
all about: one needs to be active here, to ensure that IPv6 happens,
*especially* in the corporate environment (now that DSL and cable providers
are rolling it out to end users).

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279