[ipv6hackers] Configuring my laptop to use RFC 7217

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 19 10:15:46 CEST 2017

Indirectly RFC7211 addresses are suggested by rfc3315bis.
"By default, DHCPv6 server implementations SHOULD NOT generate   predictable IPv6 addresses ([RFC7721])."
-> RFC7721,
"Recent releases of   most popular DHCPv6 server software typically lease random addresses   with a similar lease time as that of IPv4.  Thus, these addresses can   be considered to be "stable, semantically opaque".  [DHCPv6-IID]   specifies an algorithm that can be employed by DHCPv6 servers to   generate "stable, semantically opaque" addresses.

[DHCPv6-IID]
              Gont, F. and W. Liu, "A Method for Generating Semantically              Opaque Interface Identifiers with Dynamic Host              Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)", Work in              Progress, draft-ietf-dhc-stable-privacy-addresses-02,              April 2015.
which I'm pretty sure became RFC7217.