[ipv6hackers] IPv6 configure HomeNet with multiple subnets

Marc Heuse mh at mh-sec.de
Mon Oct 30 06:51:06 CET 2017

Hi Holger,

that the ISP sends a /56 or /48 is standard.
I don't think there is a dhcpv6 or RA daemon that handles getting the range and distributing it locally, but you might be lucky by searching the open source directory of dsl router vendors like avm etc

Otherwise just roll your own, should be pretty easy when using RA. When the network range changes you deprecate the old one (lifetime 0) and send the new one.

Greets Marc