[ipv6hackers] IPv6 configure HomeNet with multiple subnets

Markus Reschke madires at theca-tabellaria.de
Mon Oct 30 15:21:13 CET 2017

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017, Holger von Rhein wrote:

Hi!

> I have an ISP which support native IPv4+IPv6. It provides IPv4+IPv6
> addresses for the router and an IPv6 /48-prefix (yes not /64) to be used
> for the systems behind the ISP-router. But, not only the IPv4 changes
> periodically. Also the IPv6 address and prefix changes periodically too.
> :-( The ISP-Router is running FRITZ!OS 06.90 I have attached to the
> ISP-Router a self-made Linux-Gateway. All sub-networks are connect to my
> Linux-Gateway.

I don't know if the FritzBox supports PD (prefix delegation), but the
usual way is to set up a dhcp client requesting a prefix from the DSL
router and to add some scripting (hooks) for updating the interfaces for
the sub-networks, i.e. updating the prefix for each one. You'd also run
radvd for the sub-networks' interfaces. OpenWrt/LEDE supports PD, for
example.

ciao, Markus
--
/ Markus Reschke \ / madires at theca-tabellaria.de \ / FidoNet 2:240/1661 \