[ipv6hackers] CVE-2020-16898: "Bad Neighbor" (IPv6 SLAAC/RDNSS)

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Wed Oct 14 17:33:10 UTC 2020

Hi, Marc,

On 14/10/20 14:06, Marc Heuse wrote:
> Everywhere it’s classified as remote and wormable - but I would expect it to only work on the local lan due hop count security.

I agree with this, except for cases where e.g. ISATAP is employed. --
for instance, ISATAP relies on RAs that traverse multiple links tunneled
on IPv4 packets.

> When you get it working please test if it is the case ... thanks!

Once I figure how to trigger the "blue screen", I will extend the
testing to e.g. attack ISATAP tunnels.

Will then report back to the group.

Thanks!

Regards,