[ipv6hackers] IPv6 Addressing Considerations (IETF Internet-Draft)

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Thu Jun 2 06:31:15 UTC 2022

Hi,

We have published a revision of our IETF Internet-Draft "IPv6 Addressing
Considerations". It is available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-addressing-considerations

It discusses a lot of practical considerations regarding IPv6
addressing, so we'd love to hear from you if there's any that we missed
or that you think we got wrong.

Abstract

    IPv6 addresses can differ in a number of properties, such as scope,
    stability, and intended usage type.  This document analyzes the
    impact of these properties on aspects such as security, privacy,
    interoperability, and network operations, with the goal of providing
    guidance about IPv6 address usage.  Additionally, it identifies
    challenges and gaps that currently prevent systems and applications
    from leveraging the increased flexibility and availability of IPv6
    addresses.

Thanks!

Regards,
--