[ipv6hackers] (IETF I-D); Implications of IPv6 Addressing on Security Operations (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-addressing-00.txt)

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Fri Feb 3 02:05:38 -03 2023

Folks,

I happened to participate in an IPv6 deployment meeting with some large
content provider. Eventually there was a discussion about how to
mitigate some attacks using block-lists, and they argued that they ban
offending addresses (/128 for the IPv6 case), following IPv4 practices.
While they had already deployed IPv6, some of the associated
implications arising from the increased address space seemed to be
non-obvious to them.

So that's what motivated the publication of this document.

* TXT:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-addressing-00.txt
* HTML:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-addressing-00.html