[ipv6hackers] IPv6 security (slides and training)

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Wed Nov 9 20:46:05 CET 2011

On 09/11/2011, at 2:12 PM, Douglas Otis wrote:

> Page 5 "(current estimations are that IPv6 traffic is less than 1% of total traffic)"
>
> This estimation is problematic and ignores massive growth in actual IPv6 deployment.

Are you able to cite your measurement sources?

(I have heard this claim of "massive growth in actual IPv6 <foo>" for many years, and I have yet to be able to see such measurements of <foo> or be able to replicate them myself. The measurements I have been undertaking point to a relatively flat line of IPv6 adoption that encompasses around 0.3% - 0.4% of the client base. It leads me to the conclusion that in spite of the principles of faith-based transformation, constant repetition of this particular mantra of the "massive growth in IPv6 deployment" does not make it true!)

Geoff