[ipv6hackers] my IPv6 insecurity slides

Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:32:10 CET 2011

I agree with Arturo. While I agree the presented research is extremely
valuable, we need to properly present the problem to the general public,
that is if we want IPv6 to go anywhere. I think we have a PR problem.

Should we had reacted like this in the past, we would have never enabled
IPv4 and we would still be using IPX and SNA.

Shutting it off because the problems described is definitely an over
reaction and as I mentioned before ignores the fact that most attacks
nowadays are application layer attacks. Security recommendations and
related policy should go in hand with a proper risk assessment.

Maybe we we should also reccommend people uninstall their browsers as well.
After all those are pretty insecure.

Carlos