[ipv6hackers] Dual stack on DOCSIS infrastructure

Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com
Wed Aug 28 14:39:55 CEST 2013

> De : Tor Houghton <torh-ipv6hackers at bogus.net>
>
> It's not so much whether or not IPv6 "works", it's more about what
> functionality is actually supported (and how).
>
> Perhaps it is just too broad a question to ask here (it was only if
someone
> had experience :-), I will make sure to take it to our vendors.

A lot of people have experience with these systems, but your
question was indeed very broad. It would also help to have a
bit of background on your environment and purpose.

That said, you might want to look at source-verify security
features and how they are implemented on these platforms (for
example the uRFP check part). Resource DOS'ing of the PD pool,
intentionally of not, is also something that I was worried about.
(a badly implemented client could send a new DHCPv6 request with
a different DUID every few seconds for example).

/JF