[ipv6hackers] Revised IETF I-D: "IPv6 Address Usage Recommendations" (draft-gont-6man-address-usage-recommendations)

Fernando Gont fgont at si6networks.com
Tue Mar 7 20:14:07 CET 2017

Folks,

FYI:
<https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-6man-address-usage-recommendations>

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the security and privacy implications of IPv6
   addresses based on a number of properties such as address scope,
   stability, and usage type.  It analyzes what properties are desirable
   for some popular scenarios, and provides advice regarding the
   configuration and usage of such addresses.

There's quite a few things one could do with IPv6 addresses. But with so
many addresses (stable vs temporary, global vs. local, etc.), I believe
guidance is warranted. Otherwise we will not only *not* leverage the
possibilities offered by such address, but will rather run into problems.

Comments welcome.

Thanks!

Best regards,
--