[ipv6hackers] Revised IETF I-D: "IPv6 Address Usage Recommendations" (draft-gont-6man-address-usage-recommendations)

Joe Klein jsklein at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 02:37:40 CET 2017

Fernando,

The idea is not new. Several of us created documents in 2006 which
addressed this method, along with moving targets and networks
technologies.  I have also been teaching some of these techniques since
2008. Sadly at the time, no one was interested. So yes, the guidance is
warranted it's about time to see this best practices documented on this
topic.

You might also want to look at the implications on VMs, Docker, switches,
overlay network techniques. I have discovered and documented (but not
published) many unpredictable and at time devastating impact on network
stability.

Joe Klein
"Inveniam viam aut faciam"

PGP Fingerprint: 295E 2691 F377 C87D 2841 00C1 4174 FEDF 8ECF 0CC8